Student Fellows Program
The Georgetown Global Health Initiative student fellows program is an opportunity for talented undergraduate and graduate students to work with faculty on research projects, to participate in global health-related events, and to network with one another and scholars in the global health field. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
All full-time Georgetown undergraduate and graduate students, across schools, are eligible to apply.
Fall 2020 Research Projects
A list of available mentors, projects, and individual project requirements is available on the Student Fellows Program Fall 2020 Research Projects page.
Process for Spring Student Fellowship
Students interested in a spring fellowship should fill out the GHI Fellowship Application Form by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Please note this form requires you upload the following information:
- A letter of interest (250-word maximum). Please note if there are specific projects that you are interested in (see above for the list of projects)
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- Academic writing sample (No more than 3 pages; excerpts are acceptable)
- Names of two GU faculty members willing to serve as references
If you are currently working on a research project with a faculty mentor, please include this information with your references. Incoming students may submit external academic references.
Selected applicants will be notified by September 15, 2020. The Start Date for Fellows will be September 28, 2020.
A faculty committee will select fellows based on:
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global health
- Relevant work experience
- Analytical and writing skills
- Fit with faculty research projects
Fellows will work between five to ten hours each week, advancing a research project (under the mentorship of a faculty mentor).
As a fellow you will be required to:
- Work with your faculty mentor on research tasks
- Meet as a group every month for a discussion with one or more faculty members on a topic of mutual interest.
Undergraduate students will receive $16/hour and graduate students will receive $19.50/hour.
November 15, 2018
November 2, 2018
GHI Student Fellow Grant Rosensteel Presents Research on Influenza Dynamics at the NetSci Conference in Paris
June 18, 2018