Student Fellows Program
The Georgetown Global Health Initiative student fellows program is an opportunity for talented undergraduate and graduate students to work with faculty on research projects, to participate in global health-related events, and to network with one another and scholars in the global health field. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All full-time Georgetown undergraduate and graduate students, across schools, are eligible to apply.
Process for Fall Student Fellowship
- Interested students should submit the following materials as a single PDF to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019.
- Please make "Fall 2019 GHI Student Fellowship Application" your subject line and save your document as “GHI Student Fellow_Fall 2019_ Last Name” .
- Include your name, program/school, class year and email address at the top of your letter of interest.
- 1. A letter of interest (250-word maximum)
- 2. Unofficial transcript
- 3. Academic writing sample
- 4. Names of two GU faculty members willing to serve as references
- If you are currently working on a research project with a faculty mentor, please include this information with your references. Incoming students may submit external academic references.
- Selected applicants will be notified by September 18, 2019.
- A faculty committee will select fellows based on:
- • demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global health,
- • relevant work experience,
- • analytical and writing skills, and
- • fit with faculty research projects.
- Committee decisions will be announced by September 18, 2019.
- Fellows will work between five to ten hours each week, advancing a research project (under the mentorship of a faculty mentor).
- As a fellow you will be required to:
- • submit two blog posts on global health for the website and;
- • attend global health-related events at Georgetown and in Washington, D.C.,
- •meet as a group every month for a discussion with one or more faculty members on a topic of mutual interest.
- Undergraduates will receive $15/hour and graduate students $18/hour.
November 15, 2018
November 2, 2018
GHI Student Fellow Grant Rosensteel Presents Research on Influenza Dynamics at the NetSci Conference in Paris
June 18, 2018