Student Fellows Program
The Georgetown Global Health Institute student fellows program is an opportunity for talented undergraduate and graduate students to work with faculty on research projects, to participate in global health-related events, and to network with one another and scholars in the global health field. Learn more about the program from previous student fellows.
All full-time Georgetown undergraduate and graduate students, across schools, are eligible to apply for the spring 2024 cycle.
Spring 2024 Research Projects
Review the list of available mentors, projects, and individual project requirements to identify which projects fit your interests and skills.
Application Process for Spring 2024 Student Fellowship
The application period for spring 2024 is now closed.
Applications are due by 1:00 p.m. EST, on Thursday, January 18, 2024.
To apply, applicants must complete this Google Form, which requires uploading the following information in a single PDF document:
- A statement of interest (350-word maximum) indicating your motivation to apply, what you can bring to and learn from the fellowship, and your three top choices for projects
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- Academic writing sample (No more than 3 pages; excerpts are acceptable)
- Names of two GU faculty members willing to serve as references (please include their names, titles, and departments)
Successful applicants will be notified by early February.
Student applications will be reviewed and scored based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global health
- Relevant work experience
- Analytical and writing skills
- Fit with faculty research projects
Fellows will work between five to ten hours each week, advancing a research project (under the mentorship of a faculty mentor).
As a fellow you will be required to:
- Work with your faculty mentor on research tasks;
- Meet as a group every month for a discussion with one or more faculty members on a topic of mutual interest; and
- Make a presentation about your project at the end of the semester.
Additional optional activities may include networking meetings and attendance at global health events.
Undergraduate students will receive $17.00/hour and graduate students will receive $22.00/hour.
Please email email@example.com.
GHI Student Fellow Cohorts
Spring 2023 GHI student fellows Kearney Capuano (H’24), Amanda Wibben (M’26), and Christopher Hampton (G’24) share their experiences working with faculty mentors.
The Global Health Institute at Georgetown University (Video)
January 24, 2023
Duration: 3 minutes