McCourt School of Public Policy
School of Foreign Service
Jishnu Das is a professor in the McCourt School of Public Policy and the School of Foreign Service. He joined Georgetown's faculty in 2019 and is a member of the Global Health Initiative faculty committee. His research focuses on health and education in low and middle-income countries, with an emphasis on social markets, public and private education and health providers operating in a small geographical space.
International activities include:
- Helped write the World Development Report on Gender and Development.
- Co-developed the largest and longest-running cohort study on learning outcomes in low-income countries.
- Co-authored over 50 articles on the use of standardized patients for health care quality research in low- and middle-income countries.
- Co-led team that developed India’s federal inpatient health insurance scheme, the RSBY, which reached 150 million people in 2016.
- Recipient of the George Bereday Award from the Comparative and International Education Society, the Stockholm Challenge Award for the best ICT project in the public administration category in 2006 and the Research Academy award from the World Bank in 2017 and 2013 for research on health and education.