School of Medicine
Phyllis Magrab is a professor of pediatrics in the School of Medicine and director of the Center for Child and Human Development. She is a member of the Global Health Initiative faculty committee and the faculty committee for the Collaborative on Global Children's Issues.
International activities include:
- Co-leads the University-Wide Initiative on Health Disparities to bring together the capacities of the broader university to address the compelling equity issues of our time.
- Directs the Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development, reflecting extensive international experience related to developing services and policies for children, especially children with special needs.
- Is a UNESCO Commissioner and holds a UNESCO Chair.
- Serves as the vice-chair of the U.S.-Afghan Women’s Council.
- Has published 14 books and numerous articles related to her work.